Tuesday, July 8, 2008

important things.

1. christopher maloney=pure awesomeness. he's basically the only reason i allow myself to watch law&order:svu and not feel entirely guilty about myself.

2. do NOT, under ANY circumstances, let rice go bad. it is quite possibly the most disgusting thing i've ever seen/smelled in my life. forealz.

3. junior high kids are hard to read. i love 'em, they're special in my heart, but it is exhausting trying to figure out what will keep them engaged. i do have a student whose eyes are like blue diamonds. even though it's only day 2, i think she is one of my favorites.

4. even though it's only day 2 of summer school, i have genuine affection for each of my students and i can already tell what they're bringing to the table.

5. having no phone is odd. i feel strangely cut off from the world, but also strangely freed. my only regret is that i can't talk to mario. this is a bigger deal than one might think.

6. i need to start winking more. awkward fun.

No comments: