Sunday, July 13, 2008

Buh-ring it.

This weekend has been amazing. I took Friday off at the last minute and headed over to the west side for old roomie Stacey's wedding. I felt a little awkward at first, being one of only two people at the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner who weren't part of the wedding party. But I got to wear my red dress that I've been waiting to wear all summer, and I had a blast at the reception. Jackie and I concocted our robot high-five routine and also a highly (un)polished MCHammer dance. I was swung around and spun around by various groomsmen, and got to "slow" dance to Let's Get It On by Marvin Gaye (finally!).

I was hit on constantly with lines like, "You're beautiful. Hey... look at me... you're beautiful." Here's another clip from the weekend:

"Where do you live?"
"Spokane."
"Do you ever come to Bellingham?"
"No."
"Do you ever come to Oak Harbor?"
"No."
"If I asked you to come, would you?"
"No."
*disappointed face* "Why?"
"I have a boyfriend."
"Oh. That's okay... you hadn't met me yet."

It's the first time in my life that I've allowed the men to dance with me because it was one night, and they felt attractive and I felt attractive and I'm probably never going to see them again, so why not? I was entertained, and my favorite part of it all was the slow-motion drunk wink.

I loved it all. Between doing the YMCA and taking shots of diet Coke (certain other people believed I was doing shots of whiskey. I have a sneaking suspicion he was trying to liquor me up so he could bust a move, but I immediately danced away), and between being dipped and spun around (and getting stuck while being spun behind someone's back and flashing the entire reception), I felt the freest I've been in a long time.

I love these summer weekends of dancing and sunshine and sexy dresses.

1 comment:

mona said...

i'm so glad you are still alive ;)