Tuesday, September 11, 2007

the art of selling out.

i believe it was mark twain who once said, "beware of any endeavor that requires new clothes." when i first heard this, i thought it witty, but had no idea what it really meant. now that i work, basically, in a corporation (despite the fact that it's non-profit), i find myself having to buy new clothes. i also find people telling me that the "capris" i'm wearing are hated by the ceo. at this point, i'm too polite to tell them that my pants are not "capris," but whatever. "capris" can be "professional" too, but we'll ignore that and stifle my personal style for the sake of "professionalism".

obviously, i'm really excited about wearing skirts, nylons and "trousers" all the time for the next year of my life.

corporate america, you will never be graced with my presence.

additionally, i cannot even begin to describe how I heart huckabees/the office/office space i feel on my second day of work (oh, sorry, volunteering). i've had to call 8 pages worth of phone contacts today, and i started to realize that i was sounding like a robot, so i began inflecting my voice in random places and putting emphasis on different syllables with each call... by the end of today, if i heard my own voice say the same 4 sentences again, i would have vomited.

very nice.

No comments: