Wednesday, August 8, 2007

recycling.

So I was somehow caught in reading the emails in the "sent" folder of my email, and found this rambling in an email that I wrote, which oddly echoes the sentiments of my last blog entry. Enjoy.

I don't really know how you would explain music with words in the first place. For that matter, how do you describe anything, like feelings? How can you convey emotions with words? How can you convey the way a song sounds, how a song makes you feel with words? I could say that the acoustic version of "405" by Death Cab feels like a drive on the highway right after a super huge thunderstorm, and that smell of moistness and how the air feels on your skin, and how you somehow feel like a different, perhaps more enlightened person, even after the rain, and how the wet earth makes you feel like planting something or at least walking around in it barefoot, but mostly, you just feel like you're free.

How can that even be a feeling? But it is...and if I tell the right people about it, they'll know what I'm talking about. Some will understand it, most won't...or maybe that's just me...but whatever. Know what I mean? =)

I guess just words in general...words are my craft, I use words to create reality or destroy it, words are everything. But at the same time, they're pretty much nothing because they're just words...actions allegedly speak louder than words, so...words are nothing and everything at the same time, and I guess that's just the reality we all have to live with. And it's something we all have to realize at one point or another, and we can't ever say that words are everything and have that be the truth, and we can't ever say that words are nothing and have that be absolute truth. Words need to be used in moderation, and it would help if people only said what they meant so that it wouldn't be hard to distinguish between what means something and what means nothing...

No comments: