Sunday, May 4, 2008

fire.

so my house caught on fire this weekend. we'll just say it involved running around in my backyard in the dark looking for a hose, 911 calls, firefighters, angelic bike riders, women screaming and carrying around my 13-pound cat for 40 minutes while firefighters tromped through my house with big fans to blow the smoke out. My house smells like I've had a campfire burning inside, except with burned plastic instead of marshmallows. I can't get the smell out, and sometimes I wake up smelling the smoke and panic.

i've been a ditz for the rest of this weekend. i think that's okay though, since i spent my friday night fighting fires.

i need to clean up my clothes piles and make sure there aren't any slightly embarassing articles of clothing lying around. insurance people are going to be tromping around my house assessing smoke damage so... superfun.

the things that comfort me:

- Cozzie Coz


- lattes from huckleberries
- walks in the sunshine at manito park
- mutual apologizing after a huge fight
- dancing spastically in the car
- sleeping
- dance movies
- singing along to the following:





don't hate. i didn't say these things were cool.

No comments: