Saturday, July 18, 2009

wind(ing).

The fruits of my visit home have been plenty. Some nuggets include:

-a hike with my brother up to a waterfall that entailed me trying to cross a creek by balancing on a log. We'll say that it ended with me slamming my face into a rock, banging up my leg, filling my shoes with water and getting algae all over my shirt.

-impromptu visit to the town of my birth, which involved fifteen minutes of driving around trying to find a bathroom. The park is much smaller than I remember it being.

-reliving my pre-adolescent/adolescent years by reading old journals. For a few days there, I felt neurotic, insecure and hormonal. Oh wait -- I think that's just my PMS. HA.

-deciding that coming back for a month and a half is far too long.

Though the past month has been excruciating, I will say that it's given me perspective. It's reminded me of who I was and who I am, and that's what I needed.

Now I just have to survive 2 more weeks...

No comments: